Switch to Board View From Tree
On the top right corner of your Tree view, choose the “Board” icon.
You can use the Filter icon to filter out the tasks that you want to select or use the Search function to find the tasks. Then click “Create” to enter your Board view for this Sublist.
Reorder Columns in Board View
In case you don't like the default order of your columns in Board view, you can grab the column header and start moving the column to a new destination.
Create a Task in Board View
There are two ways to create a task in Board view:
- You can select an existing task on a column and press “Enter” to create a new same-level task or “Shift + Enter” to create a subtask that links to the chosen existing parent task.
- In the bottom corner of each column, click “Add tasks'' then start typing in your task name and any parameters (i.g. Assignee, priority , etc.). Then press enter to save your new task.
Tip: Take advantage of the inline assign function to save time when adding new parameters to a task.
Track Progress with Board View
You can reposition tasks in the column for higher priority. Also, you can drag and drop tasks to different columns for progress tracking.
Now, you will be able to see the dynamic status of your project at a glance.
Tips: Note that if you choose to sort your tasks by name or group your task by Update Per Week or Complete Per Week, you cannot drag to reorder them.
Add More Details to Board View
You could add more detailed information by setting start/due dates, assignees, and tags.
Click on the “date”, “assignee”, “tag” icons to set additional information.
Tip: By pressing the Spacebar, the detail panel will show up for you to add descriptions, attach files, leave comments, etc.
Get to Know Kanban Board Swimlane
Feeling like all the tasks are squished into one column and it's getting harder to get a hold of the workload and status of each team member?
You can use filter and sort features to group your tasks by the preferred attributes. For example: grouped by assignees to see each members' responsible tasks.
Shuffle Columns in Board View
Your default Board view is grouped by status. Each column represents an unique stage of your project and the circle next to the column header represents the percentage of its stage.
If you don't want to group your tasks by status, click on the “Board” icon again to choose a different way to visualize your tasks.
Within each column, the tasks are grouped together in the same order with your Tree view. You can reorder the tasks up and down or move the tasks across columns by dragging them.
Add & Edit
- Enter — To add a new task.
- F2 — To edit the task name.
- ↑ — To go to the task above.
- ↓ — To go to the task below.
- Space — To open the right detail panel.
- Shift + ↑/↓ — To select multiple tasks.
- Ctrl + A — To select all tasks.
- Ctrl + ↑/↓ — To move tasks up or down.
- Ctrl + ←/→ — To move tasks left or right, aka column to column.
Note: When the board is sorted by date, you would not be able to move tasks from one swimlane to another.
- Ctrl + M — To assign a selected task(s) to yourself.
- Ctrl + / — To complete the selected task(s).
- Ctrl + Z — To show the Undo window.
Copy & Paste
- Ctrl + C — To copy selected task(s).
- Ctrl + V — To paste selected task(s).
- Ctrl + X — To cut selected task(s).
To quickly set assignee, tag, etc. without the mouse, press @, #, <, !, ^, >, / on the keyboard when task(s) are selected.
- @ — Add assignee
- # — Add tag
- < — Add due date
- ! — Set priority
- ^ — Add to a sublist view
- > — Transfer to a project
- / — Set status
Right-Click Context Menu
You can right-click on a task, to bring up the context menu to set due date, assignee, tag, and more.
Create Your Own Board Now!
That's all we have to talk about Kanban board for now. Go ahead and have fun!
Let's get started in Quire today!