My Tasks is a default task view in Quire. You will see all tasks you should care about from all projects and organizations listed in My Tasks.
Tip: If you don’t like the order of the sections at the sidebar, you can change the order by dragging and dropping them.
Note: My Tasks is only available in the Tree view, Timeline view and the Calendar view.
Tasks in My Tasks can belong to a specific project or just be personal tasks without being assigned to a project.
The default view for My Tasks is sorted by date. You can sort My Tasks with two options, first by date, then by project, or the other way around.
- Tasks created by me, not assigned to others, with start or due date
- Task assigned to me
- Personal tasks
- A personal task is a task that doesn’t belong to any project. Rather, it belongs to someone’s My Tasks.
- A private task can have subtasks and all subtasks are private. If a project is archived or removed, all of its tasks won’t be part of the My Tasks of any user.
- You cannot assign your personal tasks to other users. You can only select yourself as the assignee.
- You cannot create an external team for personal tasks.
- You cannot create global tags for personal tasks. The tag for personal tasks is only visible in My Tasks.
- Use the shortcut = to launch and close My Tasks.
- Use the shortcut m to add a task directly to My Tasks.
- If a task was completed 30 days ago, it will not be shown in My Tasks.
- Transfer personal tasks from My Tasks to other projects by clicking on the project icon or by cutting and pasting the tasks.
- You can view other members‘ My Tasks list if you have access to the projects that those tasks belong to. You cannot view others’ personal tasks.
- You cannot reorder other members’ My Tasks list.
Read more on our blog about what you can do with My Tasks.